Monday, April 30, 2012

ART SALE!!!

!!UPDATE!! FOR 05-17-12:
3 MORE PIECES SOLD! SO I HAVE 2 PAINTINGS LEFT FROM THE UNCHARTED SERIES AT DC COMICS. THIS WILL BE THE LAST 24 HOURS OF THE SALE, SO IF YOU BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT, JUMP. THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL THE BUYERS FOR BEING THE BEST FANS IN COMICS AND FOR MAKING THE SALE GO SO SMOOTHLY. ALL ART WAS BOXED LAST NIGHT AND SHIPS THIS AFTERNOON. TRACKING #ERS WILL BE MAILED TO ALL OF YOU FOLKS WHO BOUGHT ART! SO KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED HERE ON THE BLOG FOR FUTURE ART THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE. I DONT HAVE EXACT TIMES EACH MONTH WHEN I LIST STUFF, BUT IT WILL BE HERE AND ONLY HERE. OR YOU CAN CATCH ME AT THE HEROES CONVENTION IN CHARLOTTE NC IN A MONTH!


NEW UPDATE!
SO I AM SLASHING THE PRICES AGAIN! DO NOT MISS THIS FOLKS. CHECK EM OUT!


UPDATE!!!
SO THE LAST SHADE COVER( #5 ) IS NOW RESERVED, BUT STILL LOTS HERE AT AMAZING PRICES. DONT MISS THIS!


DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD FROM ISSUE #50 OF EX MACHINA ADDED!
OK, so there have been quite a few sales, since the listing and we wanted to update you all and alert those that missed the initial post. Scroll thru to see the pieces that are still available.


Okay. I have a few items here that I need to move so grab em while theyre HOT!
I have reduced all the art here and added a BUNCHA new SHADE COVERS. Everything is marked 50% off!!!!! Need to raise the cash, but this is the ONLY time, I have ever marked my art this low. Email me directly at the address below, and reserve your Art NOW!

shipwreck@cox.net



                                                  ?MACHINA HARDCOVER VOL. 2?
 !SOLD!



?MACHINA JAM PIECE FEATURING COVERS TO? 
ISSUES 48, 49 AND 50
20X30 
!SOLD!



!!REDUCED!!
UNCHARTERD #2 COVER
$400



MACHINAHARDCOVER VOL.4
!SOLD!


NEW ADDITIONS!

UNCHARTED #1 COVER
$500
!SOLD!


!!REDUCED!!
UNCHARTED #3 COVER
$400


SHADE #4 COVER
!SOLD!


SHADE #5 COVER
!!SOLD!!


SHADE #6 COVER
  !!!SOLD!!!


SHADE #7 COVER
!!SOLD!


SHADE #8 COVER
!!!SOLD!!!


SHADE #9 COVER
!!!SOLD!!!


SHADE #10 COVER
!SOLD!

!!SOLD!!
EX MACHINA TPB COVER #10
ORIGINAL IS 22X17
$1000
( REDUCED FROM $2000 )


!!SOLD!!
EX MACHINA TPB #9 COVER
ORIGINAL IS 22X17
$800
( REDUCED FROM $3000 )


!!SOLD!!
EX MACHINA HARDCOVER VOL. 5
OVERSIZED ON 5 PLY ILL. BOARD
$800
( REDUCED FROM $2000 )


EX MACHINA DBL PG SPREAD
FEATURING ALL ALTERNATE 
GREAT MACHINES ISSUE #50
$1500
( REDUCED FROM $3000 ) 
!SOLD!













3 comments:

  1. How did you create the shade 8 cover? I feel obligated to ask you that as an aspiring artist and current art student, the colors are so perfect in the composition, they all have a cohesive meaning and the end result is amazing. Did you airbrush it over a greyscale and colored pencil on top, or was it all by hand with a brush and then color pencil? Sorry for asking so many questions but the image has stayed with me since I first saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carlos! No worries. Its all painted traditionally on 6 ply Strathmore Illustration board, Cold Press. I used to do an underpainting in all paynes Grey years ago, but now I find if I do my underpainting in a darker version of what ultimately will be on the surface, then its richer in color and density. I rarely use opaque Acrylic anymore unless for effects and absolute highlites, so now I use a series of Glazes with the liquid Acrylic, to achieve a watercolor effect, but I think the Glazing in low density mixes can give it a luster you cant achieve with watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for responding! Do you happen to know any advice you might give to someone who is able to do a finished illustration in black and white (pen/brush and ink) but is just useless when trying to paint? I don´t want to compare myself to a professional artist like Adam Hughes (as it would be too arrogant and conceited for an 18year old student) but he mentioned having a hard time learning to paint traditionally as he kept on developing his drawing skills for years leaving color aside, and when he tried to learn painting he had a hard time. I find myself going through the same problem and it´s as if I just need to include the black inking outline in any piece I do or else all the structure is lost. Thanks for taking the time in reading and responding to the previous comment.

    Carlos.

    ReplyDelete