Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The "REAL" Mitchell hundred


So I just scheduled my last photoshoot with a fellow named Jimmy Hill. Now for most of you, that name means nothing. To some though, you will remember that Jimmy Hill has played a character for me in Ex Machina for 6 years. The characters name is Mitchell Hundred. He happens to be the mayor of New york City. And a guy who got fucked up, and recieved the Ability to control Machines with his voice. He spent a short time trying to be a Hero, then cashed in what little success he had into a political career. He ran for Mayor of NYC, won by a landslide ( after he stopped the second tower from being destroyed on 9-11, and then unveiled his secret Identity an d announced he was running for Mayor).

So Jimmy has come over to my house every month, for 6 years to pose for, and to BE Mitchell Hundred. And lemme tell you, he Owns this role. I stopped second guessing whether or not he knew what to do as we were shooting an issue in our first year. He started giving ME suggestions as far as what Mitch should be Emoting. Point is, I will miss Mitchell. I will miss Jimmy too. It's really weird. I feel like I know Jimmy as well as I do anyone, including myself. I'll miss you Mitch. And in turn, I will miss you, Jimmy.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure Jimmy would like to see this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. and what's going on with that pic of you?!? I'm gonna start callin' you Vladd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. since you first asked me to play Mitchell it has been a great experience in so many ways. To see how you take the script and make it come alive and how easy it is for you to imagine what the scene should show is amazing. I enjoy coming to the studio and being some small part of this great story. Hanging out with everyone involved has been great. Moving to Johnson Ave. turned out great for marnie and I. I will miss playing mitchell but I hope maybe you can fit me into another comic in the future. Thanks again for the opportunity and if you don't figure out another part for me then I will just make myself at home and see you at the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now we just need a pic of Jimmy and Enzo. Hundred, man and boy!

    ReplyDelete